“Angel” in the Polish Institute of Prague
The Polish Institute of Prague is one of the oldest institutions in Europe promoting Polish culture. The institute continues the tradition of the cultural attaché of the Polish Embassy of the 1920’s. It is housed in the heart of Prague in Male’ Namesti’ in the historic Ericsson Palace, called the palace “Under the Angel”.
The angel inspired Tomasz Urbanowicz in 2006 to create an original glass piece entitled “ANGEL” and place it in the palace’s interior as a new symbol. This ensued after very successful art exhibitions in Prague in 2003 and in Vaclavske Namesti in the exhibition „Sculpture Grande 2003”.
The glass piece is 270 cm tall and 110 cm wide. The base was sponsored by ARCHICOM and the glass by the firm GLAVERBEL.