Hall of the Senate of the Economics University of Katowice
The rector’s office along with the representative Hall of the Senate of the Economics University of Katowice is located in undoubtedly one of the most exquisite representative buildings of Upper Silesia. The building located at 1 Maja street in Katowice is the old Town Hall of the Zawodzie district, designed by Berlin architect Arnold Hartmann and built in 1911-1913. It is a beautiful architectural structure.
Currently, the building is undergoing renovations based on the design of architect Andrzej Kamiński of PKZ-A-R-S. The old splendor is to be restored to the Hall of the Senate which has been embellished with modern glass pieces designed and created by Tomasz Urbanowicz. The idea of this modest glass was a warm in color and slightly textured partial separation from the street (the author left some fragments transparent). At first glance this may seem like a very simple composition falling in line with the concept; however, from the point of view of the production technique, it is extremely complicated.
The project was created in 2012. It was completed in 2015 following much experimentation.